7.1beta4 RPMs.

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 7.1beta4 RPMs.
Date: 2001-01-29 07:35:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Unless Marc makes changes to the beta4 tarball, there will be beta4
RPM's for you to play with shortly. Actually, they are uploading now
:-).

ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/dev/test-rpms is the place.....

If changes are made, I'll rebuild as soon as I find out (probably 18
hours or so from now).
-----
RPM changes since beta3:
1.) /usr/share/postgresql, /etc/postgresql, and /usr/include/postgresql
changed back to pgsql, to match /var/lib/pgsql (which is not at all
likely to change).
2.) Now rebuilds without having to have the -devel rpm installed. :-0
3.) More documentation in html under the docdir
(/usr/doc/postgresql-7.1beta4 on redhat 6.2).
4.) Regression test dirs now have right ownership.

Still to be done:
README.rpm-dist updates.
Full upgrade testing.
-lib split.
-contrib subpackage.
others that I have forgotten at this point in the night.....

Regression may be run by installing at least the main package, the
server subpackage, and the test subpackage. Then, start the postmaster
(/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start), which will initdb if needed, su to
postgres, cd to /usr/share/pgsql/test/regress, and execute:
./pg_regress --schedule=parallel_schedule

RPMs passed regression (except for locale errors) on my RedHat 6.2 devel
machine.

I have changed the absolute minimum from beta3-2. Please let me know
any problems you find!

I am for now leaving the 7.1beta3-2 RPMset up.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio