Still lockin up...

From: Herbie Pabst <herbie(at)nextearth(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Still lockin up...
Date: 2001-01-27 13:17:01
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thank you for replying. I now have gotten as far as doing "initdb" and
have a template1 in "base" directory. Now when I run Postmaster it asks
for a data path, I use "-D" option and supply the path and run
postmaster but if locks up the computer and pgsql never starts. Any
ideas? I'm using LinuxPPC 2000 Q4 on a 7500 Mac. What is the memory
requirements
for Postgresql? I may not have enough physical ram left. 80mb total 4mb
left. Will pgsql run ok when in swap?

Herbie Pabst