Locks on startup...

From: Herbie Pabst <herbie(at)nextearth(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Locks on startup...
Date: 2001-01-27 03:56:57
Lists: pgsql-novice
Thanks for the reply. I was able to login  as su postgres and created
the template1. I ran postmaster, it can back with an not find data. I
used a "-D" option to give pgsql a path to the data but pgqsl lockup the
machine. All I had was a blinking curser and no prompt. Had to reboot.
Tried to start pgsql several times with the same results. Tried it on a
different machine with same results. Need help.

Herbie Pabst

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Francisco ReyesDate: 2001-01-27 04:15:09