Just installed from LinuxPPC...

From: Herb Pabst <herbie(at)nextearth(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Just installed from LinuxPPC...
Date: 2001-01-26 21:44:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

HI, I just installed from LinuxPPC 2000 Q4. I also
just bought your new book"Introduction and
Concepts". AppendixB says there is a install file
or readme file I can't find it. During the
installation the user "postgres" was created but I
do not know the password. I assume the password is
in the readme or install file. The program
doesn't start with postmaster and psql comes back
eith no database open or something to that effect.

Can someone point me to docs that explain the
install proceedure when using LinuxPPC 2000 Q4
distribution.

Thanks in advance,
Herbie Pabst