Re: Hardcoded PostgreSQL location..

From: Chris Wolf <cwolf(at)starclass(dot)com>
To: lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org, teg(at)redhat(dot)com
Subject: Re: Hardcoded PostgreSQL location..
Date: 2001-01-24 00:34:40
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hello,

I normally don't like to locate application data in my
"/var" partition, so I modified the postgresql startup
script to locate PGDATA relative to the home directory
of the postgres user. (Usually "postgres")

I was able to change the home directory of "postgres"
to "/home/pgsql" and the script sucessfully picked up
the new location and initialized a database.

Regards,

Chris Wolf

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgresql text/plain 3.2 KB