Re: Re: Beta2 ... ?

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: mike <mike(at)neutrinostudios(dot)com>, The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: Beta2 ... ?
Date: 2001-01-06 00:02:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org> writes:
> > I am inclined to wait until a Release Candidate, if we have one this go
> > around, is available before releasing RPM's, but my mind can be
> > changed.... :-)

> Please do make beta RPMs available.  Seems to me that there's a
> fair-size population of potential beta testers that we're shutting
> out of the process if we don't put out RPMs.  Losing available beta
> testing work is not a good project management practice ...

Ok, consider my mind changed. :-).  My only concerns were, due to some
feedback I have gotten, is that people would treat the RPM release as
_productions_ rather than beta -- but maybe I'm just being paranoid.
More than likely I'm being paranoid.....

Look for RPM's in a few days, then.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio