Re: ODBC experts needed!

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: andrea(dot)aime(at)comune(dot)modena(dot)it
Cc: pgsql-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC experts needed!
Date: 2001-01-05 14:57:25
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> Of course "SELECT INVALID SELECT STATEMENT TO FORCE ODBC DRIVER TO
> UNPREPARED STATE" is not a SQL command, but I don't undestand who
> is issuing that nor is meaning.
> If I understand correctly, Autocad uses ADO to access databases. Any
> hints?

Autocad or ADO is issuing this, apparently as a pitiful attempt to reset
the ODBC connection. Have you managed to get this to work with some
other database product? If the intent of the program was to send an
invalid command (which to their credit is well documented in the invalid
command itself), it seems to have succeeded, so what exactly is the
problem?

- Thomas

(Sorry for the duplicate messages Andrea, I've got a new address at home
and I'm trying to get my mailing address to line up with my previous
subscription address since majordomo is rejecting my replies.)