md5 c code

From: Ron Peterson <ron(dot)peterson(at)yellowbank(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: marc(at)milestonerdl(dot)com, peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net
Subject: md5 c code
Date: 2001-01-04 21:24:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-sql

I've attached a bit of c code to do md5 checksums on text. There's
nothing too original here, this was mostly just ripped from rfc1321,
with some driver code added for PostgreSQL. Also a Makefile and a test
schema.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post such a thing. I had just
noticed a question on the pgsql-sql list about this, so I thought, what
the heck, I'll try to contribute something.

Please note that this code is copyright RSA Data Security, Inc. What
kind of complications that causes for distribution, I have no idea. It
says unlimited distribution, so seems o.k. to me, but what do I know.
The copyright notice is preserved in the code and included in the
README.

This function accepts text as input. I.E. - pg_md5(text). Since
postgres.h defines both text and bytea to be the same thing (typedef
struct varlena), does that mean this function should also accept binary
input?

-Ron-
ron(dot)peterson(at)yellowbank(dot)com

Attachment Content-Type Size