Re: Using Threads?

From: mlw <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>
To: mscott(at)sacadia(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using Threads?
Date: 2001-01-02 13:18:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Myron Scott wrote:

> For anyone interested,
>
> I have posted my multi-threaded version of PostgreSQL here.
>
> http://www.sacadia.com/mtpg.html
>
> It is based on 7.0.2 and the TAO CORBA ORB which is here.
>
> http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/TAO.html
>
> Myron Scott
> mkscott(at)sacadia(dot)com

Sounds cool. Have you done any benchmarking? I would love to compare the
threaded version against the process version and see if there is any
difference. I suspect there will not be much, but I have been surprised
more than once by unexpected behavior of IPC.

I have not used Solaris threads, are they substantially different from
pthreads? (Pthreads, on solaris, should be based on solaris threads,
correct?)

I would love to see the #ifdef __cplusplus put in all the postgres
headers.

--
http://www.mohawksoft.com