Perl & Postgres

From: "Jimi Thompson" <jthompson(at)link(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Perl & Postgres
Date: 2000-12-19 15:16:31
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I have noticed at least 2 other posts here (and others under PG-novice
and PG-admin) which are similar to a thread I had going a while back
also under PGadmin.  Can someone please put this information in the
FAQ?  It certainly cost me enough hair pulling to figure it all out ;)
Which is what I get for using Solaris instead of RedHat

For Solaris (specifically 2.6 in my case):

1) If you are having problems, try patching your OS.  Apply however many
patches you have to in order to bring the OS current.  With 2.6 it was
about 60MB.  Many folks have this problem.  The newer versions of perl,
etc. WANT those patches.

2) The Pg.pm has many incarnations.  Not all incarnations are created
equally.  Only the right one will work for you.  Just because you have A
Pg.pm does not mean you have the RIGHT Pg.pm.

3) If you want Perl to work Postgres, you may need the DBD-95 and DBIx
modules in order to generate the correct Pg.pm.

4) If you continue to be frustrated, go play with the cat for a while
and try again later.  If you don't have a cat, go get a cat.  They are
very theraputic.

pgsql-interfaces by date