Re: Confused by timezones

From: Alessio Bragadini <alessio(at)albourne(dot)com>
To: Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
Cc: SQL for PostgreSQL list <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Confused by timezones
Date: 2000-12-15 15:23:39
Lists: pgsql-sql

Karel Zak wrote:

> Yes it's possible, but in freezed 7.1 *only*. It's 'TZ' and output is

Thanks, on my experimental 7.1 works perfectly, another reason to switch
as soon as possible. :-)

> You must use same names (definitions) as are used in your OS
> (an example on Linux at /usr/share/zoneinfo)

In 7.1 works. Is it supposed to work also in 7.0? Because then it would
be a configuration problem on my main system.

Since I have a website with registered users, with associated timezone,
I would like to show all timestamps based on the user's timezone, and
the best way would be to set a session configuration. My only fear is
that Apache::DBI (which reuses the same connection for different pages)
could intermix such information. Any comment on this would be
appreciated.

Thanks

--
Alessio F. Bragadini alessio(at)albourne(dot)com
APL Financial Services http://village.albourne.com

"It is more complicated than you think"
-- The Eighth Networking Truth from RFC 1925