Re: default password

From: John Burski <John(dot)Burski(at)911ep(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: default password
Date: 2000-12-11 21:01:28
Lists: pgsql-novice
If I understand the question, then I'll have to say that there isn't one (to the best of my knowledge).
When I installed I had to become "root" and add the "postgres" user and assign a password to the user.

After that I made sure that the postmaster was running, "su-ed" to the postgres user, and then I ran
"createuser" to add myself as a database "super-user" (gave myself the ability to create both databases and
users).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

--