Re: Damaged table "pg_access"

From: Jens Hartwig <jhartwig(at)debis(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Damaged table "pg_access"
Date: 2000-11-29 06:18:37
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello,

yes, you were completely right, thank you very much, you saved me from
spending much time on this problem! The recreation of the groups 1, 2, 3
and 4 resolved the problem :-) My next question is: how can I (as a
workaround till version 7.1) permanently remove a group without facing
this problem? Can I rudely remove the granted permissions by any command
(e.g. deleting it manually from the system catalogue)?

Best regards, Jens

Tom Lane schrieb:

> Jens Hartwig <jhartwig(at)debis(dot)com> writes:
> > when I try to access the system-table "pg_class", I get the following
> > error:
>
> > zeda=# select * from pg_class;
> > NOTICE: get_groname: group 1 not found
> > pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
>
> Evidently you had created a group with sysid 1, granted some permissions
> on some table to that group, and then deleted the group. Re-create the
> group (CREATE GROUP foo WITH SYSID 1).
>
> I thought the crash in this situation had been fixed long since, but
> apparently not :-( ... it still fails in current sources. I'll make
> sure it's fixed for 7.1.
>
> regards, tom lane

Jens Hartwig
debis Systemhaus GEI mbH