Re: [SQL] OpenACS

From: Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
To: Edmar Wiggers <edmar(at)brasmap(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] OpenACS
Date: 2000-11-24 20:28:10
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-sql

Edmar Wiggers wrote:

> Is there any PostgreSQL developer working on the OpenACS (PG version of the
> ArsDigita Community Sytem) project?
>
> I have installed it and I am very much interested. There are a lot of small
> bugs though, mostly related to Oracle->Postgres migration, and some which
> are Postgres specific (queries that should work but don't).

Hi Edmars,

I am in the OpenACS team. Have you posted the bugs to our Software
Development Manager (SDM) (http://openacs.org/sdm)? When we were doing
the porting some queries might have slipped, and they're not found
unless someone really uses the module, finds and reports them.
OpenACS 4 is what we are actively working on right now. It's a much
better piece of software than the 3.x series, but it does not have all
the modules that 3.x series does, but we'll get there eventually.

-Roberto
--
Computer Science Utah State University
Space Dynamics Laboratory Web Developer