Re: Linux for S/390 Patches

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Neale(dot)Ferguson(at)softwareAG-usa(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Linux for S/390 Patches
Date: 2000-11-17 14:44:38
Lists: pgsql-ports

> I have used the latest snapshot to create the following patches to provide
> support for Linux on S/390. As you can see the additions are trivial. The
> build went without a hitch.

Great! I've applied the patches to my tree, and Bruce or I will
propagate them into CVS. I've also updated our list of supported
platforms :)

We list platforms by "OS" and "Processor". What would be the correct
entries for S/390? Presumably S/390 is the processor, but I'm not
familiar with how IBM does their labeling...

> The regression tests went well with only geometry
> failing due to a difference in the 13th decimal place; and in inet for reasons
> I haven't explored fully.

I'll guess that the inet failures are due to differences in bit-shifting
behavior when generating masks. Will you have time to look at it? You
are probably already familiar with the tree, but if not look in
src/backend/utils/adt/ for the inet support.

- Thomas