Re: Strange problem upgrading to 7.0.3x

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Strange problem upgrading to 7.0.3x
Date: 2000-11-17 04:17:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I know approximately zilch about RPMs, but I do see that the rpm command
> > has a "rebuild database" option, which apparently refreshes its list of
> > what's installed. Perhaps you need to run that (especially if you've
> > been removing files manually rather than via rpm -e).

> Thanks, Tom. I had run 'rpm -e ...' after the upgrade option (rpm -U
> <package>) failed to upgrade the existing installation.

The result of 'rpm -qa|grep postgres' would be educational here.

> I wonder, ... could the packages be built for a newer RH release than the
> 6.1 I have here? I think that the rpm package was updated and that could
> cause problems.

I can provide you with a set built on and by a RedHat 6.1 box to test to
see if there are differences -- AFAIK, the 6.2 binaries work fine on
6.1. However, if this is not the case, then I can make 6.1 binaries
available for download easy enough.

What I would like to see is for someone to try to build the 7.0.3-2 SRPM
on RedHat _5.2_ -- I no longer have a build system running that release.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio