Unicode

From: Robert Lowe <rob(at)gorillasia(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unicode
Date: 2000-11-14 04:21:57
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I am working on a database-driven website, and we have so far been using
a MySQL database. However, we need to build Chinese versions of the
site, for which we really need Unicode support. It appears that MySQL
does not support Unicode.

I understand that it's possible to build PostgreSQL with Unicode
support--is this correct, and if so, what is involved?

Best,
Rob

--
Robert Michael Lowe
Gorilla Asia Limited - A GCG Asia Company

Phone: +852 8209 3174
rob(at)gorillasia(dot)com