Re: Security

From: Chris Ryan <chris(at)greatbridge(dot)com>
To: Luz Lopez <viaris(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Security
Date: 2000-11-07 18:30:04
Lists: pgsql-novice

you will want to modify your pg_hba.conf file, in the data directory, to
have a line that
requires anyone connecting from the internet to require a password. Part
of this requires a password file which can be created with pg_passwd
filename.

For example:

add a line to pg_hba.conf similar to this:
host all 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 password passwd

then in the data directory run the following command:
pg_passwd passwd

you can test this change out by connecting using:
psql -h hostname -U username dbname

Hope this helps.

Chris Ryan