RE: psql won't start

From: "Robert D(dot) Nelson" <RDNELSON(at)co(dot)centre(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Gerhard Kroder <Gerhard(dot)Kroder(at)de(dot)ibm(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Novice List <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: psql won't start
Date: 2000-11-09 14:59:00
Lists: pgsql-novice

>hmm, IMHO not necessarily. At least here psql connects to a default
>database, which is template1 unless you set it otherwise....

Typically, "psql" by itself will attempt to connect to a database with the
current users name. If I login as ronelson, then type psql, it will attempt
to connect me to a database called ronelson. My guess is that the original
poster was logged on as postgres, but only had a template1 database.

Rob Nelson
rdnelson(at)co(dot)centre(dot)pa(dot)us