Re: how good is PostgreSQL

From: KuroiNeko <evpopkov(at)carrier(dot)kiev(dot)ua>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how good is PostgreSQL
Date: 2000-11-01 00:51:05
Lists: pgsql-generalpgsql-hackers
> We run Perl on machines that pale compared to theirs,
> and get far better performance. : )

 Well, don't get  me wrong, I'm not going  to a war. Here :) But  CGI is so
simple and straightforward  that anything more than C is  quite an overkill
(think assembly).
 Myself I'm  planning to port  all my PERL  stuff eventually. Yes,  PERL is
great for string handling, but when you spend a couple of weeks on BugTraq,
you'll suddenly  feel that it's  still too much.  When you only  let `known
good' values in, lex or regexp libs will do.
 Sorry  for the  offtopic,  anyone interested  is welcome  to  email me  in

 contaminated fish and microchips
  huge supertankers on Arabian trips
 oily propaganda from the leaders' lips
  all about the future
 there's people over here, people over there
  everybody's looking for a little more air
 crossing all the borders just to take their share
  planning for the future

 Rainbow, Difficult to Cure