Contexts

From: "Kevin O'Gorman" <kogorman(at)pacbell(dot)net>
To: PGSQL Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Contexts
Date: 2000-10-31 21:00:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I'm about to launch into an experiment that will do some new things
inside the PG server.  I'm sure to have a lot of problems, and one
of them I can already tell is going to be difficult is the business
of contexts: memory contexts, scan contexts and the like.

Before I go around shooting myself in the foot, I would like to
educate myself about how they work inside the current code.  Does
anyone know where best to look?  It can be the code, better if it's
a document.  I'm happy to RTFM or RTFC, but I'd like to know where
to start.

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman  (805) 650-6274  mailto:kogorman(at)pacbell(dot)net
Permanent e-mail forwarder:  mailto:Kevin.O'Gorman(dot)64(at)Alum(dot)Dartmouth(dot)org

"There is a freedom lying beyond circumstance,
derived from the direct intuition that life can
be grounded upon its absorption in what is
changeless amid change"
   -- Alfred North Whitehead

Next:From: KuroiNekoDate: 2000-10-31 21:03:38