Re: benchmarks

From: KuroiNeko <evpopkov(at)carrier(dot)kiev(dot)ua>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: benchmarks
Date: 2000-10-28 03:54:35
Lists: pgsql-sql
> im just looking for independent benchmarks

 Even  if  there  exist  independent   benchmarks,  there  are  none  being
applicable to real life.

> i personally love postgres
> at work they like mysql
>
> currently we are investigating other possible db solutions

 Uh? You _love_ this and they  _like_ that? Since when, I dareask, personal
preferences are considered  when chosing a product to  trust corporate data
to? How 'bout using just what's the right tool?

> or at the very least give me a how to so i can do my own testing!

 Implement your system in MySQL. Then re-do it from scratch in PG. Compare.
If you still have time and funds, make your choice.

--

 contaminated fish and microchips
  huge supertankers on Arabian trips

 Rainbow, Difficult to Cure