Re: benchmarks

From: KuroiNeko <evpopkov(at)carrier(dot)kiev(dot)ua>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: benchmarks
Date: 2000-10-28 03:54:35
Lists: pgsql-sql
> im just looking for independent benchmarks

 Even  if  there  exist  independent   benchmarks,  there  are  none  being
applicable to real life.

> i personally love postgres
> at work they like mysql
> currently we are investigating other possible db solutions

 Uh? You _love_ this and they  _like_ that? Since when, I dareask, personal
preferences are considered  when chosing a product to  trust corporate data
to? How 'bout using just what's the right tool?

> or at the very least give me a how to so i can do my own testing!

 Implement your system in MySQL. Then re-do it from scratch in PG. Compare.
If you still have time and funds, make your choice.

 contaminated fish and microchips
  huge supertankers on Arabian trips
 oily propaganda from the leaders' lips
  all about the future
 there's people over here, people over there
  everybody's looking for a little more air
 crossing all the borders just to take their share
  planning for the future

 Rainbow, Difficult to Cure