Problem with installing as root

From: "Kevin O'Gorman" <kogorman(at)pacbell(dot)net>
To: PGSQL Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Problem with installing as root
Date: 2000-10-28 00:58:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'm back a bit from the tip of the CVS tree, so this might not
be current, but as of around 8 October, installing as root gets
in the way of later operations. I think this is an artifact
of having Perl in the build.

I did a 'su root' and a 'make install', then as my normal user
self, attempted to do the regression tests. They failed and
left the attached file in install.log. It points at a problem
with permissions on a file left behind by the 'make install'
in the Perl stuff.

BTW, I'm back from the tip because of instability when I started
looking at this stuff. Is it stable enough to install and run
now?

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman (805) 650-6274 mailto:kogorman(at)pacbell(dot)net
Permanent e-mail forwarder: mailto:Kevin.O'Gorman(dot)64(at)Alum(dot)Dartmouth(dot)org

"There is a freedom lying beyond circumstance,
derived from the direct intuition that life can
be grounded upon its absorption in what is
changeless amid change"
-- Alfred North Whitehead

Attachment Content-Type Size
runcheck_after_install text/plain 20.5 KB