Re: RE: datetime fix

From: Ken Kachnowich <khkachn(at)toad(dot)net>
To: Cedar Cox <cedarc(at)visionforisrael(dot)com>, Postgres interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RE: datetime fix
Date: 2000-10-24 23:09:45
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I do a PreparedStatement and setTimestamp() to do the select.
The Timestamp value is converted into a String in the JDBC code.

This may not be a JDBC problem. I can not select by a datetime field
in psql all the time. It seems if the milliseconds are below some
value it works and if above not. .62 worked for me but .71 did not.
I did a copy and paste of the datetime value to get it right:

select * from table_a;

| fld1
|2000-10-24 10:15:01.71-04|

select * from table_a where fld1 = '2000-10-24 10:15:01.71';

0 records found

I had to make a change to the JDBC code to even get the .62 select to
work. The Timestamp toString() method gives a 3 digit millisecond
value and Postgres seems to not want the leading zero (ie: .62 viz
.062).

I will try these with query=1 in pg_options to get the query.

Ken