Using KDE to start Postgres

From: Frank Hilliard <frankhilliard(at)home(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Using KDE to start Postgres
Date: 2000-10-21 22:24:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

I can get Postgres running by going su postgres, logging in, and then using
psql. However, what I'd like to do is to use the icon in the KDE menu under
Debian, Databases, Postgresql. When I do this from my home directory, the
terminal flashes up and then disappears. What permissions do I have to put in
place to launch Postgres from my own Linux account?

Frank Hilliard