Re: suppressing errors and warnings

From: Andrew McMillan <Andrew(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>
To: bubola <bubola(at)worldonline(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: suppressing errors and warnings
Date: 2000-10-02 20:10:38
Lists: pgsql-novice

bubola wrote:

> hi all
>
> i'm trying to develop an application for using a dbase via the web,
> so i used postgresql 7 and php 3 to implement it
>
> now i have the following problem: while inserting random generated rows i
> often get warning and error msg from postgresql, but i would like to
> suppress them in the html page generated by php
>
> can anyone pls give me an advice on how to achieve that result?
> is there a general way to trash or pipe away those kind of error or warnign
> msgs in pg?

There's a setting in your php.ini file to control this. Where that file
is depends on your distribution. Under Debian it's in
/etc/php/apache/php.ini, but if you're using PHP3 you probably aren't
using Debian.

Cheers,
Andrew.
Andrew McMillan, e-mail: Andrew(at)cat-it(dot)co(dot)nz
Catalyst IT Ltd, PO Box 10-225, Level 22, 105 The Terrace, Wellington
Me: +64 (21) 635 694, Fax: +64 (4) 499 5596, Office: +64 (4) 499 2267