Re: Newlines in String inserts with JDBC

From: Ken Kachnowich <khkachn(at)toad(dot)net>
To: Postgres interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Newlines in String inserts with JDBC
Date: 2000-09-28 22:07:52
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Sorry, I did not give enough information.
I am using the Serialize class. It builds an SQL insert statement in
a String and the back end seems to fail if there is a newline in
a text fields value.
If the PreparedStatement and setString work with newlines then I can
look into using that. I need to get a resultSet back, though, so I can
figure out what the record OID is of the record I just inserted.

Ken