Re: windows ODBC driver for PG7.02

From: Vic <vic(at)dcc(dot)dp(dot)ua>
To: igor <igor_kh(at)mailru(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: windows ODBC driver for PG7.02
Date: 2000-09-21 06:53:50
Lists: pgsql-novice

igor пишет:

> Hi!
>
> Tell me please, is windows ODBC driver sutable for
> connecting to PG 7.02? I have downloaded the last availible
> release, but in "Advanced options" I can see only
> selection of protocol 6.5-6.4.

I work with PG 7.0 and drv v06-40-0005 without big problems -
client on Delphi and Visual Foxpro.

> Connecting with this driver I'm unable to access to database
> with "Password authentication failed for user..." error.
>
> I'm running postmaster with -i option, and also I can
> access to database with the help of psql.
>
> What is wrong??
>
> Thanks for any ideas!!
>
> Igor.

See file "/usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf"
All rules for access from remote hosts a in this!
And Login as postgress and after createuser run this
"pg_passwd $PGDATA/passwd" - its create password for your users!
Simple Howto intall/use M$ - Postgres ODBC
http://t37.nevod.perm.su/linux/documents/postgresql/windows.html
Read Doc!
If your Delphi or CBuidlder Programmer -
I strongly recomendate Zeos Database Objects- it dont use BDE or ODBC -

and its work nicely( but have some ).
htttp://www.zeos.dn.ua