JDBC getDatabaseProductVersion() patch

From: Anders Bengtsson <anders(at)lecando(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC getDatabaseProductVersion() patch
Date: 2000-09-13 19:28:14
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,
I don't know if this list is the correct way to contribute patches, but
here we go:

I've implemented getDatabaseProductVersion() for DatabaseMetaData so
that it retreives tha version number from the database server, instead
of using a hard coded constant in the driver.
Attached are patches for jdbc1 and jdbc2.
I've only been able to test the jdbc2 driver, but I hope someone can
check that the jdbc1 version works.

(By the way, has anyone tried to merge the identical parts of the jdbc1
and jdbc2 code?).

/Anders
A n d e r s B e n g t s s o n anders(at)lecando(dot)com
Stockholm, Sweden

Attachment Content-Type Size
productversion1.patch text/plain 1.3 KB
productversion2.patch text/plain 1.3 KB