Problem

From: Ralf Boeckenholt <webmaster(at)chopper(dot)de>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem
Date: 2000-09-05 22:46:08
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello

In the final part of this message you found the help message of the
actual
pg_dump edition. There is no option to choose "insert proper sql
strings" and
there is no point on which I can choose a file the program can put in
the
output. What can I do to put it in later postgress editions ?

thanks Ralf

-----------
Usage:
pg_dump [options] dbname

-a, --data-only dump out only the data, not the schema
-c, --clean clean (drop) schema prior to create
-d, --inserts dump data as INSERT, rather than COPY,
commands
-D, --attribute-inserts dump data as INSERT commands with attribute
names
-h, --host <hostname> server host name
-i, --ignore-version proceed when database version != pg_dump
version
-n, --no-quotes suppress most quotes around identifiers
-N, --quotes enable most quotes around identifiers
-o, --oids dump object ids (oids)
-p, --port <port> server port number
-s, --schema-only dump out only the schema, no data
-t, --table <table> dump for this table only
-u, --password use password authentication
-v, --verbose verbose
-x, --no-acl do not dump ACL's (grant/revoke)

If no database name is not supplied, then the PGDATABASE environment
variable value is used.

Report bugs to <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>.
postgres(at)linux:~ >
--

Bis dann Ralf
FAX NUMMER : 069-79123-8384 Handy : 0174-6432399

Harley Davidson history page (ger) : http://www.chopper.de
In the day we sweat it out in the streets of a runaway american dream
At night we ride through mansions of glory in suicide machines
[Bruce Springsteen : Born to run]