Re: Error installing ODBC in NT

From: "Joel Burton" <jburton(at)scw(dot)org>
To: "Pablo Prieto" <pablo(dot)prieto(at)dulcesol(dot)es>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error installing ODBC in NT
Date: 2000-08-31 14:46:03
Lists: pgsql-general
> Hi!,
>
> I'm installing the ODBC Driver, and evrything goes right in all the
> clients (NT Workst.) except in one of them where I get this error at
> 85% of the set up process:
>
> "Unable to create ODBC Core Subkey"
>
> Sure, It's not ODBC Driver faulty (I guess), but if someone knows how
> to work out, would be nice to me, since I'm migrating from MS-SQL
> Server to PostgreSQL, and that computer is an important one, so it is
> delaying the process

Under Win98, I had similar problems installing ODBC drivers (at some
point, the ODBC manager seem to become corrupted, and I couldn't
add new drivers.) Are you able to add another new ODBC driver?
(You could download MySQL's, for example, & see if that works.)

I solved my problem by going into the registry and deleting the
ODBC managers keys and reinstalling PostgreSQL w/driver manager.
I love my other ODBC datasources, but reinstalled those. It's hardly
elegant, I'm sure they're are better ways, but, hey, it worked for
me. Your mileage may *definitely* vary, You've been warned, etc.,
etc.

--
Joel Burton, Director of Information Systems -*- jburton(at)scw(dot)org
Support Center of Washington (www.scw.org)