Re: 7.1 Release Date

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Brook Milligan <brook(at)biology(dot)nmsu(dot)edu>, teg(at)redhat(dot)com, scrappy(at)hub(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.1 Release Date
Date: 2000-08-29 22:58:40
Lists: pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org> writes:
> > Did you also miss where I'm willing to do the legwork myself?

> If you want to write and maintain such an update program, no one is
> going to stand in your way ;-).

I was afraid you'd say that. :-)  As long as I can get questions
answered here about the gory details, and without laughing too hard at
my missteps, I'll see if I can tackle this.

> Personally I am not going to work on such a thing; I have a very long
> list of to-do items that I consider more pressing and more interesting.

Like Outer Joins? (which I also consider more pressing and more
interesting -- and more out of my reach....).

> But hey, it's open source: *you* can fix the problems that *you*
> consider pressing and interesting.  Go for it.

Pressing, yes.  Interesting?  Not particularly.  Useful? Most
definitely. Educational?  I'm liable to learn quite a bit.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio