Re: AW: How Do You Pronounce "PostgreSQL"?

From: Chris Bitmead <chrisb(at)nimrod(dot)itg(dot)telstra(dot)com(dot)au>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA(at)wien(dot)spardat(dot)at>, PostgreSQL HACKERS <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, Ned Lilly <ned(at)greatbridge(dot)com>
Subject: Re: AW: How Do You Pronounce "PostgreSQL"?
Date: 2000-08-24 23:33:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> > Guess what you find under www.postgres.com ? Yes, it is Great Bridge.
> > postgresql.com is taken by some Korean domain grabber.
> >
> > BTW Marc, I would make www.postgres.org point to postgresql.
>
> Not our domain to point ... it too belongs to Great Bridge ...

That's interesting, when did GreatBridge acquire them?

In my opinion, we should change the name to Postgres, and get
GreatBridge to donate the .org domain to the opensource project. That's
good for Greatbridge because they own the .com which would actually then
become useful. It's good for the free project because people are calling
it postgres anyway and it's a better brand name.