Re: weird structure

From: Renato De Giovanni <rdg(at)viafractal(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: weird structure
Date: 2000-08-24 22:15:35
Lists: pgsql-sql

Yes, Ryan, the idea is to use only one row with all attributes in it.

The structure I described is easy to use when you want to know the attributes
of a single person, and in this case your suggestion is the way to go - I knew
that.

I asked the question considering a specific person_id just to simplify. My real
concern is about retrieving data from more than one person in a query.
If attributes were all columns on "person" table, than a "select
specific_fields from person where conditions=..." would do the job perfectly.
But how could I achieve the same result using that different database schema?