Re: open for other OSes!?

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Rasca Gmelch <rasca(at)triad(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: open for other OSes!?
Date: 2000-08-24 14:52:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> but the problems begun at the ifdef stuff.. and it would be
> nice to have a better prepared source archive before sticking
> into porting .. producing diffs.. etc.

Well, at the moment we have over twenty platforms supported (though much
fewer tested with ODBC). For APIs there is WIN32 and Everyone Else, and
there is no point in cluttering up the code with *empty* #ifdef blocks
for platforms which do not exist. As I said, feel free to add a port,
and looking for #ifdef WIN32 is likely to give you a good clue as to
what areas need to be customized for MACOS.

> btw. is there a VI port
> for mac which can handle ascii files with \n at the end
> of the line?

Sorry, I have no idea. I stopped using Macs a few years ago...

Regards.

- Thomas