Postgres 7.0.2 compile failed on OpenBSD 2.7

From: Kevin Worcester <kworces(at)surveyor(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres 7.0.2 compile failed on OpenBSD 2.7
Date: 2000-08-24 00:06:38
Lists: pgsql-ports

I attempted to compile Postgres 7.0.2 on a computer
with OpenBSD 2.7 (Pentium 233 MHz, 32MB RAM).

The compile failed twice, both times on preproc.c, and
both times the computer completely locked up and
required a hard reset. No errors, no hard disk
thrashing, just a dead OpenBSD box. I'm curious if anyone
else has had a similar experience, or has a possible
fix.

I will only be using Postgres from perl (DBI) and
the command line utilities. Will I need the
src/interfaces/ecpg branch of the source?

I'm hesitant to attempt another compile of any version
because this isn't my computer and I've already
crashed it twice.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

- Kevin Worcester
kworces(at)surveyor(dot)com
kworces(at)earthlink(dot)net

--