PostgreSQL DBA

From: "ashok raj" <ashokexplorer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL DBA
Date: 2007-09-24 09:08:55
Lists: pgsql-jobs
Hi All ,
            I am a PostgreSQL DBA with experience more than one year ,
           Currently I am looking after the PostgreSQL Databases of Various
departments of Central Government of India
           My Contract with the Government is ending by the month of
September
           If you have  vacancies for PostgreSQL, I would like to submit my
RESUME ,
regards
Ashokraj
9891044363

*RESUME*

*M.ASHOKRAJ *

*Mobile No: *9891044363

*Email ID: **ashokexplorer(at)gmail(dot)com* <ashokexplorer(at)gmail(dot)com>

*Pass Port ID: *F9117858
------------------------------

*Professional Summary: *Data Base Administrator with sufficient knowledge on
*PostgreSQL, MySQL and perl*.
                                                             With ability to
implement High Availability, Load Balancing and Replication.

*Academics: *

*DEGREE*

*UNIVERSITY, INSTITUTION*
 *DURATION*

*MARKS OBTAINED*

B.E

(Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science)

INDIA

Anna /& University-Chennai,

National Engineering College-Kovilpatti

May2002 -

March2006

75.00%

*Technical Knowledge: *

*Programming Languages: *Perl , Shell .
*SQL programing : *PlPgsql , plperl

*Operating Systems: Administering* LINUX at
FLAVORS : Fedora Core 2 (Kernel 2.4.9) , Red Hat ES 5

*DBMS : *MySQL, PostgreSQL
*Connectivity : *JDBC Connectivity , Perl DBI
*Security : *SSH , Keberos Authentication (at beginners level )

*Technical Experience:*

*MySQL: 10 Months *

   1.

   PITR with mysql binlogs
   2.

   Replicating the data between MySQL server
   3.

   Troubleshooted the problem occurred while replicating the data
   4.

   Tuned the queries, parameters to enhance the MySQL performance
   5.

   MySQL Server Monitoring Tool.
   6.

   CM on live MySQL DB with proper planning and documentation

 *PostgreSQL: 1 Year and 1 month *

   1.

    PITR with WAL logs
   2.

   Data Replication between PostgreSQL server using Slony-1
   3.

   High Availability, Load balancing in PostgreSQL using PGCLUSTER
   4.

   Kerberos Client Authentication in PostgreSQL.
   5.

   Full Text Search using tsearch2

*Perl : 2 years *

   1.

   Developed a small program to monitor the queries running in background
   with the modules DBI::Pg, Term :: ReadKey.

   1.

   Created a simple program to migrate the data in XML format to the
   postgreSQL tables
   2.

   Created a perl script to replicate the data between postgreSQL servers
   by parsing the log files.

   *Work Experience Details: *

*Current Organization:* SIFY

*Current Designation*: Junior DBA

* Date Of Joining :* August 2006

*Current Project: *Supporting National Informatics Center, Delhi in
maintaining PostgreSQL DataBase (A Central Government Project Of India)

*Project Details*:
To implement many-to-one Replication ,
To implement HA and LB To tune postgreSQL based on Parameters and Queries ,
To Document the process,
To teach them how to implement Replication, HA and LB .

pgsql-jobs by date

Next:From: Andrew smithDate: 2007-09-25 00:29:28