Re: Reformat docs for duplex printing

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: John McKown <jmckown(at)prodigy(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Reformat docs for duplex printing
Date: 2000-08-12 02:08:03
Lists: pgsql-docs
> I've downloaded the PostgreSQL documentation from sourceforge...

Not sure what they have grabbed, but we'll assume that it is a recent
version? Perhaps you can fill us in on what is there since we are not a
sourceforge-based project.

> ... (is) formatted for a letter printer in simplex (single sided) mode.

Yes. I suggest reading the docs (the html version ;), looking in the
appendix which discusses the doc building procedure.

I have the hardcopy in ApplixWare for final formatting, and presumably
could talk Applix into coughing up double-sided stuff. Do you have that
tool? If so I could send you the intermediate .aw files.

> Oh, I have downloaded the PostgreSQL source and see a bunch of "htm" files
> in the /doc subdirectory, but I can't figure out how to create the
> Postscript output from these (if, indeed, I can).

Nope. Docs start in DocBook sgml, not html.

                    - Thomas