Changing user passwords

From: Rob van der Leek <rob(at)frog(dot)nl>
To: "pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Changing user passwords
Date: 2000-08-07 15:17:09
Lists: pgsql-sql
Hello,

Is it possible to change a user's password without using the pg_passwd
command?
For example, how does a user changes his password from the interactive
monitor?
In case you were wondering, I'm scripting an interface to a pg database
using
Perl/DBI and the "administrator" web user should be able to change the
default
password.

I'm a pg/SQL novice, yet I'm always willing to learn new things,
references to
documentation will be appreciated as much as solutions.

Apologies in advance for my ignorance.
--
Rob van der Leek
E-mail: rob(at)frog(dot)nl