Re: PL/pgSQL evaluation order

From: Mark Volpe <volpe(dot)mark(at)epamail(dot)epa(dot)gov>
To: Jan Wieck <janwieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/pgSQL evaluation order
Date: 2000-08-03 21:52:36
Lists: pgsql-sql
Doesn't seem like a bad idea. I did find a better workaround, though -

cond:=TG_OP=''INSERT'';
IF cond=FALSE THEN
	cond:=NEW.ip!=OLD.ip;
END IF;
IF cond=TRUE ...

so it won't kill me. Anyway, I've been totally impressed with the 7.0 release.
I'm building the EPA IP address registration system on top of it. My favorite
feature is the support for REFERENCES (though I had to hack the code a bit to
get around a permissions problem).

Thanks,
Mark

Jan Wieck wrote:

>     Maybe we should change the treatment  of  unassigned  rowtype
>     values that any reference to it holds the NULL value?

pgsql-sql by date

Next:From: databaseDate: 2000-08-04 03:13:38