Re: Now PostgreSQL recovers from errors within trns

From: hstenger(at)adinet(dot)com(dot)uy
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Now PostgreSQL recovers from errors within trns
Date: 2000-07-31 17:10:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> hstenger(at)adinet(dot)com(dot)uy writes:
> > My goal is to make the backend accept erroneous commands, not falling
> > in *ABORT STATE*, but rolling back automatically, & continue accepting
> > commands.
>
> The way you're doing it, you might as well just not use transaction
> blocks at all.  I don't think wiping out the effects of all preceding
> commands within the transaction counts as "recovering from an error".

Ok, maybe I exagerated, but kind of solves my problem. GeneXus, my CASE tool,
will send begin/commit pairs, so I must 'recover' automatically. I aimed
DB2-like behaviour, which I was told, aborts on errors within transactions, but
remains in a runnable state. Don't you consider it valueable whatsoever?

Haroldo.

--
 Haroldo Stenger      | hstenger(at)ieee(dot)org