Re: PSQL Working, but PGAccess Not Connecting.

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: David Lloyd-Jones <david(dot)lloyd-jones(at)attcanada(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: PSQL Working, but PGAccess Not Connecting.
Date: 2000-07-31 14:58:37
Lists: pgsql-interfaces pgsql-novice

> PS: More generally, I'd still like to know what to do with the script
> "postgresql start" which is in subdirectory /etc/rc.d/init.d/ of RH 6.2.
> There are lines that look somewhat like Mike Mascari's suggestions, but
> nothing right on. Lamar Owen, are you out there somewhere?

That is intended to start up and shut down the Postgres server when your
system boot or halts. It needs a soft link in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d and /rc5.d
to actually get invoked automatically. I usually set it up as a "S99"
script, but Lamar may have a different convention for his RPMs.

What else do you need to know about it?

- Thomas