Automatically ROLLBACK after fall in *ABORT STATE*

From: hstenger(at)adinet(dot)com(dot)uy
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Automatically ROLLBACK after fall in *ABORT STATE*
Date: 2000-07-28 13:47:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hello dear people,

We all know PostgreSQL inability to handle exceptions. Inside a transaction, any
error will make it fall in *ABORT STATE*, and any further action not being
ROLLBACK, ABORT or COMMIT, will ask for a ROLLBACK, ABORT or COMMIT statement. I
want to know what exact code is executed inside PostgreSQL, when a ROLLBACK
statement is issued. Knowing that, I will modify backend/tcop/postgres.c, to do
the necesary calls to ROLLBACK. This will make PostgreSQL behave at least just
like IBM's DB2, which rolls back automatically after an error.

Regards,
Haroldo.

--
 Haroldo Stenger      | hstenger(at)ieee(dot)org

Next:From: hstengerDate: 2000-07-28 13:48:41
Subject: toasting for other varlena types