Re: left outer join on more than 2 tables? (UNCLASSIFIED)

From: Richard Broersma <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Hall, Crystal M CTR DISA JITC" <Crystal(dot)Hall(dot)ctr(at)disa(dot)mil>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: left outer join on more than 2 tables? (UNCLASSIFIED)
Date: 2009-06-16 22:54:16
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Hall, Crystal M CTR DISA
JITC<Crystal(dot)Hall(dot)ctr(at)disa(dot)mil> wrote:

> Maybe I am way of base here, but I see a reference to region in this
> query.  However, I think count(cm.id) is correct because some would have
> a count of 0.  Count(*) would produce counts when there are no
> complaints. (If I understand the logic, again, I am VERY new to this)

Here is a very good website to visit to get practice with SQL using PostgreSQL.

http://www.sqlzoo.net/select_group_by

If you look up at the upper right corner of the web-page, you can
select PostgreSQL are your RDBMS (other flavors are available also).

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug