Student use of PostgreSQL

From: Richard Broersma <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: hpguo(at)calstatela(dot)edu
Cc: Los Angeles PostgreSQL Users Group <lapug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Student use of PostgreSQL
Date: 2009-02-27 20:44:37
Lists: lapug
Professor Guo,

I was happy to meet a student of yours named Sharon at the Southern
California Linux Exposition (SCALE).  She says that you use PostgreSQL
is your class to teach database design and SQL.  As the coordinator of
the Los Angeles PostgreSQL Users Group (LAPUG), I am very happy to
hear this.  I would like to invite your students to participate in our
user group.  The group has much to offer your students.  1) They will
hear discussions relating to Databases and PostgreSQL. 2) They will
meeting other developers, DBA and potential employers.  3) They will
have opportunities to engage in public speaking.  4) Also, they will
have an additional resource to have their questions answered.

Also I wanted to bring to your attention that the United States
PostgreSQL Association (PgUS) is interested in supporting academic
programs like yours at Cal State Los Angeles.  You will find this link
very interesting:
https://www.postgresql.us/education/guiding_principles  PgUS has many
plans that will interest and benefit your students.

Lastly in the month of May, LAPUG has scheduled Joshua Drake a
PostgreSQL expert and community leader to give a presentation.  If you
would like, LAPUG will schedule this meeting to be given to your
students.  Also we can arrange for a him to speak before your students
on almost any subject relating to PostgreSQL, application development,
system administration, schema design concepts, the job market, and
open source community involvement.

Please feel free to contact me for further discussion.  I look forward
to hearing from you.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.