Re: DAO TO ODBC

From: "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "salman Sheikh" <salman_sheikh(at)web(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DAO TO ODBC
Date: 2008-10-15 22:25:40
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 3:17 PM, salman Sheikh <salman_sheikh(at)web(dot)de> wrote:
> hi freinds,
> I have an application software which has connection with MS Access through
> DAO.I want to use same software without any changing with my new databank
> Postgresql through Odbc.

> I dont think so,that i can change it,I must develope whole software with
> odbc for postgresql.
> can any body help me?

I don't see where the problem would be. You can still use DAO to
connection to PostgreSQL via an ODBC connection or an ODBC connection
wrapped in a DSN. There is extra work required to setup the DAO
connection, but once it is created everything else should be the same.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug