Re: Best Practice to Create a Connection Pool in PostgreSQL

From: "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Greg James" <gregcjames(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Best Practice to Create a Connection Pool in PostgreSQL
Date: 2008-09-17 16:33:13
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 7:47 PM, Greg James <gregcjames(at)comcast(dot)net> wrote:

I would like to ask question on this subject as well.

I've read a OOP design patterns book that features Java when
illustrating various patterns. The book shows show to create various
mechanisms for pooling and releasing various resources (including
connections). The book demonstrates this by using a hash map that
reference many linked lists for a particular kind of connection and
the link lists can reference many connection objects for one kind of
connection.

Would a hand crafted pooling mechanism not compete well with some of
the existing solutions mentioned?

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.