Re: using M$ ACCESS pass-thru query keep on asking for odbc authentication

From: "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: oca(at)mvc(dot)edu(dot)ph
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: using M$ ACCESS pass-thru query keep on asking for odbc authentication
Date: 2008-09-03 12:40:03
Lists: pgsql-odbc
On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 8:33 PM,  <oca(at)mvc(dot)edu(dot)ph> wrote:

> Any idea we can use m$ access pass thru query not to keep on asking password
> for password even we have save it already.

adjust the P/T query form editor so that it isn't maximized and fits
inside the main MS-Access Container.  Right click on the very top of
the P/T query editor form ( near the form title ).  This will bring up
a dialog box for the ODBC connection properties.  Save the username
and password information.  When you exit, it will ask you if you want
to save this information as part of the connection string.

Note. if  you do this, you will not be able to hide you password from
prying eyes.   anyone who wants to find it will only have to examine
the connection string of you P/T query.

on a side note, if you have advanced questions regarding access form
design or report design, this site is a good resource:
www.utteraccess.com.  Unfortunitally, there are not many people there
that know anything about Pg.  But regarding MS-Access solutions, they
are very good.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.