Re: order of rows in update

From: "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Achilleas Mantzios" <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: order of rows in update
Date: 2008-09-03 12:28:04
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 11:56 PM, Achilleas Mantzios
<achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com> wrote:
> I am using my version of DB mirror to do some kind of "Conditional row grained + FK dependency oriented lazy replication".
> (The logic behind it is the cost of comms, because the slaves are servers in vessels in all 7 seas, where communication is done
> via uucp connections over satellite dilaup, and the costs are really high, so the aim was to minimize the costs.
> Regarding high costs, It was so in 2003/2004 when we started designing/deploying this system and the prices are still high
> today.)

If you are ever in LA, you should come to a LAPUG meeting. One of our
members also replicates over long distances. He is replicating from
California to China using a highly configured slony in combination
with other software. His software analyzes the possible routes he has
to find the routes with the best latency. He has configures a
revolving Master-Slave replication.

Perhaps you guys to share notes?

--
Regards,