Re: How to change a view's owner in postgres(is it possible?)

From: "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Anoop G" <anoopmadavoor(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to change a view's owner in postgres(is it possible?)
Date: 2008-08-05 17:02:57
Lists: pgsql-sql
On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 3:16 AM, Anoop G <anoopmadavoor(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> We can change the owner of a tbale like this
> alter table tbl_year_end owner to anoop;
> Is it possible to change the owner name of a  view through sql?

Here is what the "notes:" section of

Some variants of ALTER TABLE can be used with views as well; for
example, to rename a view it is also possible to use ALTER TABLE
RENAME. To change the schema or owner of a view, you currently must

So you would simple use the ALTER TABLE statement to perform this operation.

Richard Broersma Jr.